Our lovely Mountain View Cottage is a classical country style, tastefully furnished and decorated, self-contained hideaway which is perfect for couples and families seeking a warm, comfortable and private retreat. We call it Mountain View Cottage because from the veranda you have a view of Bluff Knoll perfectly framed by our shady trees.
The interior is classical country style with high ceilings, french doors and bay window, slate floors and 4 panel doors. A feature of the decorating is the extensive paintings by artist Leslie Thorn, Peter’s late wife.
The newly remodeled self catering kitchen has everything you will need with quality crockery, cutlery, and cookware, a four-burner gas hob, under bench oven, microwave and medium size fridge.
Heating is from a slow combustion wood fire with all wood, kindling, fire lighters and matches provided.
The main bedroom is soft and relaxing with a large picture window letting in the morning sun through the shady trees.Our guests tell us the bed is very comfortable. The second bedroom is also warm and inviting with 2 king single super comfy beds plus a fold down lounge for a 5th person. This bedroom has its own ensuite bathroom.
Mobile reception and internet access are very limited on the property due to the surrounding mountains however if you are with Telstra reception is available. We do have free WiFi available at the cottage. The satellite TV offers free-to-air channels across Australia.
The Hillside Cottage offers glorious views that stretch over beautiful farmland to the rugged Stirling Ranges. With the Porongurup National Park only 50 metres away, many adventures await walkers, climbers and nature lovers.
Provided by us for your comfort and enjoyment:
- Beds are made with quality and beautifully clean sheets, ironed pillow cases, blankets and doonas. All beds have an electric blanket. There is hanging space with hangers.
- In the bathroom we provide towels, bath mats, hand towel, face washers and hair dryer. Soap, shampoo, body wash and hand wash is provided. Please bring your own shampoo and conditioner if you prefer. Plenty of loo rolls too!
- In the kitchen we provide all the items you will expect in any self catering kitchen plus a few extras so you don’t have to bring them. Like electric oven, toasted sandwich maker, cling film, baking paper, air tight food containers, electric mixing wand, alfoil, olive oil, ground coffee and instant coffee with plunger, a selection of standard and herbal teas, paper towel, and measuring cups.
- Heating. All that is needed to stay warm and cosy with firewood, kindling, fire lighters and matches.
- There is a gas BBQ on the verandah.
- Mobile phone reception is not generally available on the property unless you are with Telstra. Free wifi is available at the cellar reception area 150 metres away. If you need phone or internet access we are happy to provide our facilities free of charge.