The Pioneer Cottage is the original Millinup Estate homestead. Built from jarrah weatherboard and corrugated iron around 1915, it retains the feel of a true settlers mountain cottage. Over the years we have partially rebuilt and fully restored the cottage to its original condition yet it has been kept authentic, both inside and outside.
Some of the internal features include:
- A lounge room large enough to seat 5 in comfort around the cosy wood fire. With high timber ceilings, original jarrah feature walls and timber floors, it feels spacious and comfortable.
- The second bedroom is also spacious and sleeps 2 in either single beds or joined for a double bed. There are wonderful views of the mountains from the window.
- The bathroom is just a few years old and merges perfectly with the original building. It is semi ensuite to the second bedroom with a main door to the rest of the house.
- The main bedroom is not adjoining another bedroom and has polished jarrah floors, timber ceiling and a large picture window.
- The kitchen retains its old world feel but is modern in every other way with gas stove, microwave oven, fridge/freezer, large food prep area, and country style dining area.
- Top quality king single bed in the lounge room for 5th person or a day bed.
- Quality folding bed for a 6th person if required.
- New flat screen TV and DVD plus a selection of games, books, and local information.
- Adjoining the kitchen is a verandah with bbq, outside dining setting and comfy cane chairs
Provided by us for your comfort and enjoyment:
- Top quality and beautifully clean sheets, ironed pillow cases, blankets and doonas.
- All beds have an electric blanket.
- In the bathroom are towels, bath mats, hand towel and face washers.
- Shower and hand wash provided. Please bring your own shampoo and conditioner.
- Hair dryer
- All that is needed to stay warm and cosy with firewood, kindling fire lighters and matches.
- Large gas BBQ on verandah
- Mobile phone reception is not generally available on the property unless you are with Telstra. Free wifi is available at the cellar reception area 150 metres away.If you need phone or internet access we are happy to provide our facilities free of charge.